Napster Guidance Idles Apple's Momentum
The online music company formerly known as Roxio boosted its revenue guidance for its fiscal fourth quarter by $1 million to $15 million, above the current analysts' consensus of $14.05 million.
The company declined to discuss its bottom line for the quarter that ends March 31, but analysts are expecting a loss of 63 cents a share.
Napster's modest increase in sales guidance was enough to jolt its stock. In recent trading, shares were up 60 cents, or 8.8%, to $7.40. Earlier in the day, the company's stock traded up as high as $7.70.Meanwhile, Apple shares moved in the other direction. In recent trading, shares of Apple, whose iTunes store is a rival of Napster's music service, were off $2.10, or 4.8%, to $42.02. The stock traded down as much as $2.90, or 6.6%, to $41.22, in earlier trading. Apple has dominated the digital music business with its iTunes store and its popular iPod music players. The success of the latter has helped to propel its stock. With iPod sales boosting the company's top and bottom lines, Apple's shares
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV