MGM Mirage-Mandalay Deal Clears Hurdle
The casino operator said the Nevada Gaming Commission unanimously approved the deal Thursday.
"We are very pleased with the Commission's unanimous approval, and we are working diligently to complete the remaining steps of the merger prior to the end of March," said Terry Lanni, MGM Mirage's chief executive.
Last week the merger got approval from the Federal Trade Commission. Nevada regulators were widely expected to follow the FTC's lead in making their decision.The deal must still get the nod from Illinois and Michigan regulators. MGM Mirage shares were up 73 cents, or 1.0%, at $75.38.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV