DoubleClick Slips on Weak Outlook
DoubleClick (DCLK) beat its month-old fourth-quarter guidance, but issued first-quarter guidance below expectations.
Shares dropped 4% after hours.
For the quarter ended Dec. 31, the marketing tools and services company reported net income, on the basis of generally accepted accounting principles, of $10.6 million, or 8 cents per share, up from 3 cents per share one year earlier. The company told analysts Jan. 6 to expect EPS of 6 to 7 cents.
Revenue amounted to $83.5 million, up from the month-old range of $81 million to $82 million.For the first quarter of 2005, the company forecasts revenue in the range of $70 million to $75 million, on the downside of the Thomson First Call expectation of $75 million. Per-share results, says DoubleClick, will fall somewhere between 1-cent loss and a 3-cent gain. Analysts had been expecting EPS of 3 cents. Shares in DoubleClick, which fell 14 cents to $8.09 in regular trading, were down another 33 cents after hours.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV