Georgia-Pacific Jacks Dividend
Georgia-Pacific (GP ) on Thursday announced a 40% increase in its quarterly dividend, raising the payout to 17.5 cents a share from 12.5 cents a share.
"This dividend increase directly reflects our confidence in the overall stability of Georgia-Pacific's earnings base," the company said in a statement.
Georgia-Pacific, whose products include Brawny paper towels and Dixie Cups, said the dividend is payable Feb. 24 to shareholders of record Feb. 14.
Earlier this week, the Atlanta-based paper products company reported net income of $134 million, or 51 cents a share, excluding items, in its fourth quarter, beating analysts estimates.Shares closed at $34.20 Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV