Google Heads for the Moon
Choosing not to argue with inarguable success, analysts raised price targets en masse for Google (GOOG) Wednesday morning.
Led by firms such as American Technology Research and Credit Suisse First Boston -- each of which raised its target for Google's stock price to $275 -- analysts decided it was safe to assume that the fast-growing Google is growing even faster than expected.
With Google's shares trading at $214.02 Wednesday, up 11.5% from their Tuesday close, prior arguments about whether Google was overpriced at its $85 offering price or even at the pre-IPO suggested price of $135 seem hopelessly quaint, though they took place only a few months ago. Clearly, Google has delivered on expectations for growth, and then some. Despite Google management's warning Tuesday evening that future results won't necessarily be this ducky, the estimates that looked over-optimistic not so long ago look under-optimistic now.
Among the other firms setting price targets eclipsing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV