Tech Stocks in Motion
Shares of Video Display (VIDE) rose 6% after the maker of video display solutions posted a 190% jump in third-quarter earnings on a 19% increase in sales. The company earned $1.08 million, or 11 cents a share, on sales of $21.4 million. A year ago the company earned 372,000, or 4 cents a share, on sales of $18.1 million. During the most recent period, one analyst polled by Thomson First Call was expecting earnings of 10 cents a share on sales of $21 million. Shares traded up 72 cents to $12.72.Other technology movers included Sun Microsystems (SUNW), up 23 cents to $4.45; Microsoft (MSFT), up 20 cents to $26.32; Lucent (LU), up 19 cents to $3.70; Intel (INTC), down 8 cents to $22.94; Oracle (ORCL), up 15 cents to $13.78; Cisco (CSCO), down 14 cents to $18.74; and Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), down 21 cents to $6.24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV