Mandalay Shareholders OK MGM Mirage Deal
It wasn't much of a gamble.
In June, Mandalay's board accepted MGM Mirage's sweetened offer of $71 dollars a share, which represented a rich premium. The cash offer totals $4.8 billion. Including assumed debt, the deal is worth $7.9 billion.
The deal still needs regulatory approval.Mandalay, which disclosed the approval Friday, reported a record first-quarter profit of $67.1 million last week. Mandalay shares were flat at $70.18. Mirage's rose $2.50, or 4%, to $65.40, just shy of their 52-week high.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV