MGM Mirage Weighs Detroit Move
MGM Mirage owns the Detroit casino with partners. But the merger would also give it a 53.5% indirect interest in the MotorCity Casino, also in Detroit. State law would prevent it from keeping both properties as it limits companies from holding more than one gaming license.
MGM Mirage had originally planned to shed Mandalay's interest in the MotorCity property, but now it's having second thoughts.
"MGM Grand Detroit and MotorCity are both great properties with consistently strong operating results and terrific growth prospects," said Terry Lanni, CEO of MGM Mirage, in a news release. "We initially expected that we would dispose of Mandalay's majority interest in MotorCity. However, since making that initial determination we have been approached by several parties concerning the possible sale of MGM Grand Detroit and we have decided to explore this alternative. If such a transaction were to occur, we would maintain Mandalay's interest in MotorCity and look forward to working closely with Mandalay's partners and the City of Detroit to develop and enhance that property."On Thursday, Mandalay reported
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV