The Five Dumbest Things on Wall Street This Week
4. Sinclair, the Moment I Met You, I SwearWill Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI) have an effect on the presidential election? Or will the presidential election have an effect on Sinclair?
Sinclair, you may recall, is the TV station operator that has told its stations to run an anti-Kerry documentary, uninterrupted, in prime time on its 62 TV stations next week.
Actually, we're not sure what Sinclair will be running, although we suspect it will not be too complimentary toward presidential candidate John Kerry. What Sinclair says on its Web site is that its "upcoming special news event" will feature "the topic of Americans held as prisoners of war in Vietnam."
What we do know is that Sinclair's desire to inform the public -- or what critics call an illegal, disguised political contribution to President Bush -- could have some unintended economic consequences. Maybe.Some of Sinclair's critics on the left are trying to hit the company where it hurts: The wallet. The Web site
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV