Tech Stocks in Motion
Updated from 12:38 p.m. EDT
CA will pay Netegrity shareholders $10.75 a share in cash, or about $430 million. The buyout price represents a premium of 39% over Tuesday's closing price of $7.75. The acquisition is expected to be neutral to earnings in fiscal 2005 and slightly accretive in 2006. The deal is expected to close in the next 90 days. Shares of Netegrity, a security software maker, traded up $2.79, or 36%, to $10.54; shares of CA traded up 46 cents to $27.85.
Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI) rose 15.5% after the company announced that shock jock Howard Stern would be moving to Sirius' satellite radio system beginning in January 2006. The five-year, multimillion-dollar deal will allow the radio personality to take his show "to a whole new level as I bring my fans my show, my way," Stern said. According to Sirius, total production and operating costs are estimated at $100 million a year. Sirius estimates it would need to generate about 1 million subscribers to cover the costs of the deal. Shares traded up 52 cents to $3.87.Shares of Zoran (ZRAN) fell 10.4% after the company cut its third-quarter earnings and sales forecast. The chipmaker now expects earnings of 11 cents to 14 cents a share on sales of $115 million to $119 million. Previously, the company forecast earnings of 27 cents to 30 cents a share on sales of $128 million to $133 million. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call had been expecting earnings of 28 cents a share on sales of $130.2 million. Zoran blamed an inventory correction in the Chinese-manufactured DVD player market and tighter credit lines within China. The company will report its third-quarter results Oct. 26. Shares traded down $1.69 to $14.56.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV