US Airways Talks Set to Resume
Updated from 12:54 a.m. EDT
US Airways (UAIRQ) pilots have been ordered to return to the negotiating table to hammer out an agreement on wage concessions to help save the already bankrupt airline.
After a series of internal meetings in Charlotte, N.C., the union leadership representing US Airways' pilots have agreed to jump-start negotiations on management's latest offer, which the union received on Monday. Two weeks ago, the union balked at putting management's last offer to a general vote, helping push the company into bankruptcy for the second time in two years.
"This resolution, passed unanimously by our governing body, allows our pilot negotiators to proceed unrestricted and provides them with a renewed momentum to reach a tentative agreement ... We expect a fair resolution to the unfortunate circumstances we face," said Jack Stephan, spokesman for US Airways' pilots. "Both
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV