Chelsea Property Group Acquired
Simon will acquire Chelsea's roughly 52 million of outstanding common shares and partnership units for $3.5 billion and assume another $1.3 billion in Chelsea debt. Chelsea common shareholders will receive $36 in cash, Simon Property stock worth $15 and Simon convertible preferred stock worth $15.
Simon took out a $1.8 billion acquisition facility to fund the cash portion. It expects the transaction will add at least 9 cents per share to 2005 funds from operations and 18 cents to 2006 FFO. The acquisition should be completed in the fourth quarter.
Chelsea, which primarily owns outlet malls, closed Friday at $58.24, roughly $4.75 below its 52-week high.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV