Erbitux Has Expanded Potential
Erbitux may also be an option as a standalone treatment for head and neck cancer patients who have exhausted all other medical options. Merck KGaA, the German drugmaker and ImClone's European partner, will be presenting midstage clinical data at ASCO investigating Erbitux's use as a monotherapy in these so-called refractory head and neck cancer patients.
ImClone is holding an investor meeting Sunday night, at which analysts are guaranteed to ask company executives about their regulatory strategy vis a vis Erbitux and head and neck cancer. If ImClone does seek a label expansion from the FDA, and approval is awarded, ImClone would receive a $250 million milestone payment from partner Bristol-Myers Squibb.
ImClone shares closed Friday at $72.49, down 47 cents, or 0.64%, while Bristol-Myers finished at $25.47, down 30 cents or 1.19%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV