Playing for the Real Money in Homeland Defense
But Shaw cautioned against reaching a similar conclusion about Electronic Data Systems (EDS), another subcontractor on Computer Sciences' team. A win by that team would probably help EDS stock, but the beleaguered computer-services giant has other problems, Shaw said.
"I wouldn't get too excited about EDS on this one," said Shaw, who has a neutral rating on EDS. (Her firm hasn't done any banking with EDS.)
Ironically, EDS' own federal megadeal to create a Navy-Marine Intranet -- a contract that has drawn comparisons to US-Visit -- has turned into a disaster for the company. Time will tell how that comparison bodes for the winner of the US-Visit deal, but for now, analysts are clearly looking at it as a positive for whoever that turns out to be.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV