VaxGen Down on Filing Delay
VaxGen (VXGN) shares fell early Tuesday after the company said it had asked the Securities and Exchange Commission for a five-day extension to file its earnings statement for the three months ended March 31.
The Brisbane, Calif.-based biotechnology company had planned to release and discuss its first-quarter financial report Tuesday.
According to Thomson First Call, VaxGen was expected to produce a first- quarter loss of 45 cents. Only one analyst follows the company, according to the Thomson First Call survey.
The company said it will set a new release date and new conference call for investors and analysts after it has determined a new filing date for the 10-Q statement.VaxGen said it needed more time to complete the preparation and review of materials necessary for filing its 10-Q statement and for its new independent auditor, which had been hired April 9, to review the documents. VaxGen is developing vaccines for anthrax and smallpox. In premarket trading, the company's stock was down 36 cents, or 2.5%, to $14.36.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV