VaxGen Down on Filing Delay
The Brisbane, Calif.-based biotechnology company had planned to release and discuss its first-quarter financial report Tuesday.
According to Thomson First Call, VaxGen was expected to produce a first- quarter loss of 45 cents. Only one analyst follows the company, according to the Thomson First Call survey.
The company said it will set a new release date and new conference call for investors and analysts after it has determined a new filing date for the 10-Q statement.VaxGen said it needed more time to complete the preparation and review of materials necessary for filing its 10-Q statement and for its new independent auditor, which had been hired April 9, to review the documents. VaxGen is developing vaccines for anthrax and smallpox. In premarket trading, the company's stock was down 36 cents, or 2.5%, to $14.36.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV