Barbeques Galore Smokes
Barbeques Galore Limited (BBQZ) was the Nasdaq's percentage leader Tuesday afternoon after saying net income tripled in its fourth quarter on a 25% jump in sales.
The Lake Forest, Calif., specialty retail chain earned $3.38 million, or 80 cents a share, in the quarter compared with earnings of $1.1 million, or 27 cents a share, last year. Revenue rose to $63 million from $51 million a year ago. Among equity analysts surveyed by Thomson One Analytics, none had estimates on Barbeques Galore Limited.
The latest quarter included a $329,000 loss in equity from affiliates related to the sale of a minority interest in Bromic Pty Ltd. and Renegade Gas Pty. The year-over-year earnings increase reflected strategic alliances with overseas manufacturers and improved conditions in the U.S. barbecue market, Barbeques Galore Limited disclosed.
Recently, the shares were up $3.36, or 65%, to $8.50, a move that swelled its market capitalization by $13 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV