Mamma.com Buy Spooks Investors
Early enthusiasm Thursday for Mamma.com (MAMA) was squelched when the high-flying search engine announced an agreement to acquire an email and pop-up ad provider for an unspecified amount of cash and stock.
Shares of Mamma.com, which more than doubled to $10.10 when the company reported earnings Tuesday, were recently down 59 cents, or 4.7%, to $12.11 in early Thursday trading. The shares had gone as high as $13.23 in the premarket session, getting a boost from improved guidance at rival Ask Jeeves (ASKJ).
Mamma.com said it entered a letter of intent to acquire Digital Arrow LLC, a privately held company in Delray Beach, Fla., that did about $2 million in revenue last year. The acquisition will be paid for with cash and stock to be determined following a due diligence period.
The company said the additional property will make it a one-stop source for pay-per-click search listings, graphic advertising, customized search results and targeted email marketing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV