Take-Two Upgrades Chairman's Salary
At the same time, Brant has exercised a significant number of options in 2003, worth a gross $10.4 million, Cooper calculated. Cooper has a neutral rating on Take-Two and his firm has done banking business with the company.
Brant, 32, served as the company's CEO from 1998 until February 2001 and has been chairman since 1993. In 2002, he received a $2 million bonus on top of a $641,058 salary, which the company erroneously reported Monday was only $41,058. In 2001, Brant's compensation was a comparatively humble $790,000 bonus, on top of a base salary of $575,000 and 479,560 stock options, according to the filing Tuesday. Monday's filing mistakenly showed his 2001 base salary at $75,000.
The other big wage-earner at Take-Two in 2003 was Kelly Sumner, who resigned as CEO in January 2003. Sumner received a bonus of $1.9 million on top of a base salary of $607,019 and 100,000 options. Sumner continues to serve in a "non-executive capacity," according to the filing.Shares of Take-Two recently edged up 14 cents, or 0.4%, to $33.01. An announcement on the launch date of the latest Grand Theft Auto game pushed the stock up $1.57, or 5%, to close Monday at $32.87.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV