Dial Tops Estimates
Dial (DL) posted a profitable fourth quarter and beat estimates ahead of its acquisition by German conglomerate Henkel.
The Arizona-based company most famous for its soap had net income of $24.9 million, or 26 a cents a share. That compares with a loss of $29.2 million, or 31 cents a share, in the year-ago period. Revenue rose from $333.6 million to $346.7 million.
But excluding asset writedowns, a special tax charge and costs related to the acquisition, Dial earned $36.2 million, or 37 cents a share, exceeding the Thomson First Call analysts' consensus forecast of 35 cents a share.
International sales rose almost 16%, as the weak dollar lead to a particularly strong showing in Canada.Dial said its acquisition by Henkel, which is paying $2.9 billion for the consumer products company, should be completed around April.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV