Trinity Biotech Soars on FDA OK
Trinity Biotech (TRIB) was Monday's premarket superstar, vaulting almost 60% after the Food and Drug Administration approved its 10-minute test for the virus that causes AIDS.
The shares were up $1.92, or 58.5%, to $5.20 after the FDA cleared for marketing Trinity's Uni-Gold Recombigen HIV test in the U.S. The company said its product looks for antibodies to HIV in human blood serum, plasma and whole blood, and needs only 10 minutes to produce a result.
Clearance of Uni-Gold followed clinical trials on more than 9,000 patient specimens where it had test sensitivity of 100% and a specificity of over 99.7%.The company said the market for such tests in U.S. doctors' offices is "difficult to quantify" but said it will "clearly be significant."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV