Surprises in Store for 2004
18. Freddie Mac's (FRE) former executives are jailed, precipitating more restrictive rules governing derivative accounting at government-sponsored agencies and at other financial institutions. Rudy Giuliani is appointed FRE's chairman.
19. Bernie Ebbers, Dennis Kozlowski and Scott Sullivan receive maximum-length jail sentences.
21. The New York Stock Exchange, in a stunning reversal , goes fully electronic by year end. John Reed remains as chairman and orchestrates the transformation. Goldman Sachs (GS) takes a $6.7 billion goodwill impairment charge off its 2000 acquisition of Spear Leeds, and LaBranche (LAB) liquidates its assets.22. Henry Blodgett is hired as a research analyst by a second-tier Wall Street firm. 23. There are no major terrorist acts in the U.S. and limited disturbances outside our country during the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV