Surprises in Store for 2004
Editor's Note: This column is a special bonus for TheStreet.com readers, written by Doug Kass. This piece originally appeared on Street Insight on Nov. 24, and RealMoney Nov. 26. To sign up for Street Insight, where you can read Doug's commentary regularly, please
A year ago, I
We saw a 3.25% yield on the 10-year Treasury note.
There was further deterioration in
(TWX) subscriber base, and Steve Case was ousted.
The European economy was moribund during 2003's first half.
The New Jersey Nets basketball team enjoyed surprising success.
(GE) had lower earnings guidance.
Democratic aspirant Al Gore bowed out of the presidential race.
There were no major terrorist acts in the U.S.
U.N. inspectors found no evidence of a weapon buildup in Iraq.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV