IPO Calendar Getting Crowded
Chicken wings, appliances, software, an airline and another biotech company all will debut in the suddenly humming IPO market this week.
Regional carrier Pinnacle Airlines (PNCL:Nasdaq), a spinoff of Northwest Airlines (NWAC), is scheduled to sell 19.4 million shares at between $15 to $17.
The Memphis, Tenn.-based operator is expected to price on Thursday through underwriters led by Bear Stearns and Banc of America Securities.
In a calendar dominated by bricks-and-mortar companies, also watch for Nexstar Broadcasting (WLL:NYSE), a group of TV stations run out of Irving, Texas, which is selling 10 million shares within a $14 to $16 range.Also in that range is Whiting Petroleum, an oil and gas explorer based in Denver being spun off by Alliant Energy (LNT), which is selling 15 million shares, underwritten by A.G. Edwards and Merrill Lynch; and Buffalo Wild Wings, a Minneapolis-based restaurant chain specializing in chicken wings, with about 2.7 million shares being sold through SG Cowen and RBC Capital Markets. Buffalo Wild is expected to be priced Thursday. Three IPOs are all about the same size with $12-$14 price ranges: Cambridge, Mass.-based biotech TolerRx (TLRX:Nasdaq), selling 4.7 million shares (S.G. Cowen, J.P. Morgan); San Jose, Calif.-based Callidux Software (CALD:Nasdaq), selling 5 million shares (Citigroup); and Coons (CONN:Nasdaq), a consumer electronics and appliance retailer based in Beaumont, Texas, selling 4.15 shares (BancBoston Robertson Stephens, Robinson-Humphrey). All are expected to be priced on Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV