Cima Labs Jumps 12% on News of New Offer
Shares of Cima Labs (CIMA) jumped more than 12% Thursday morning after the company said it received an unsolicited letter from a pharmaceutical company indicating an interest "in pursuing a business combination."
Under the proposed deal with the pharmaceutical company, which Cima declined to name, Cima shareholders would receive value of around $30 per share. The transaction would consist of a combination of cash and common stock.
Cima said its board of directors concluded there is a likelihood that the proposal "would reasonably be expected to result in a superior proposal to the stock-for-stock merger contemplated with aaiPharma."
Cima said it has entered into "a confidentiality agreement with the interested pharmaceutical company and has entered into discussions with its representatives to explore the possibility of an alternative transaction to the aaiPharma merger."The company added, "Cima does not currently intend to provide additional information about its discussions with this pharmaceutical company, with Cephalon or with any other party that may in the future indicate an interest in a business combination with Cima until any such discussions have led to a superior proposal that the Cima board of directors has concluded that ... it is prepared to accept." Cephalon had made a bid for Cima in early September after Cima said in August it planned to merge with aaiPharma.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV