ICN Completes Ribapharm Deal
ICN reported Wednesday that 69.33% of Ribapharm shares had been tendered in acceptance of ICN's offer of $6.25 a share for the Ribapharm shares that ICN didn't own. ICN needed to secure 66.67% of the shares by Tuesday, according to an agreement worked out between the two companies.
ICN already owned 80% of Ribapharm's shares. Ribapharm's directors had called the cash tender offer "inadequate," but they agreed to let the deal proceed if enough shares were tendered. ICN had offered $5.60 a share in June but raised the amount earlier this month.
Both companies are based in Costa Mesa, Calif. ICN spun off Ribapharm in April 2002 while still holding about 83% of the spin-off's shares. It had planned to distribute the rest of the shares to Ribapharm shareholders within six months after the IPO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV