Flextronics Pops on Call, Upgrade
Flextronics (FLEX) rose in early trading Tuesday, after the stock was upgraded and estimates raised by Wells Fargo Securities following an upbeat midquarter conference call.
Recently, shares were up 55 cents, or about 5%, at $12.12.
Flextronics said on the call that it has seen demand increase in several sectors and that business was better than expected in July and has been strong in August. The company expects to save about $45 million in interest expense after a convertible debt offering and pending tender offer for senior subordinated notes.
Analyst Jim Savage said the company's confidence is warranted, partially because of the long-term advantages of a pending acquisition. Savage upped his investment rating on the stock to buy from hold with a $15 price target.On Friday,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV