Flextronics Pops on Call, Upgrade
Flextronics (FLEX) rose in early trading Tuesday, after the stock was upgraded and estimates raised by Wells Fargo Securities following an upbeat midquarter conference call.
Recently, shares were up 55 cents, or about 5%, at $12.12.
Flextronics said on the call that it has seen demand increase in several sectors and that business was better than expected in July and has been strong in August. The company expects to save about $45 million in interest expense after a convertible debt offering and pending tender offer for senior subordinated notes.
Analyst Jim Savage said the company's confidence is warranted, partially because of the long-term advantages of a pending acquisition. Savage upped his investment rating on the stock to buy from hold with a $15 price target.On Friday, the company announced that it will acquire Microcell Group, which makes mobile communications devices, for $80 million. Though Flextronics does not expect the deal to impact revenue substantially, Savage said he believes that in 2005, the company "should see revenue growth from new product ramps." He also noted that Flextronics should keep the engineering team that "forms the core of Microcell's talent," in order to see any long-term benefits from the deal. Savage upped his second-quarter 2004 sales estimate to $3.5 billion from $3.3 billion and upped his adjusted EPS expectation to 7 cents from 6 cents. For full-year 2004, the analyst expects earnings of 34 cents a share on sales of $13.76 billion, raised from his prior estimates of $13.26 billion in revenue with earnings of 29 cents a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV