Boise Cascade to Acquire OfficeMax for $1.15 Billion
The 30%-cash, 70%-stock offer comes out to $9 a share and was approved by both boards. OfficeMax closed at $7.18 on Friday.
In a release, Boise said it hired Goldman Sachs to help it evaluate strategic alternatives its paper and building products businesses, and expects to "take appropriate steps" 12 to 18 months after closing the OfficeMax acquisition, which is expected to occur in the fourth quarter.
OfficeMax, which engineered an extensive restructuring two years ago and only recently returned to profitability, owns about 970 superstores in the U.S. Boise Cascade's small office-supply unit operates primarily in Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV