Boise Cascade to Acquire OfficeMax for $1.15 Billion
The 30%-cash, 70%-stock offer comes out to $9 a share and was approved by both boards. OfficeMax closed at $7.18 on Friday.
In a release, Boise said it hired Goldman Sachs to help it evaluate strategic alternatives its paper and building products businesses, and expects to "take appropriate steps" 12 to 18 months after closing the OfficeMax acquisition, which is expected to occur in the fourth quarter.
OfficeMax, which engineered an extensive restructuring two years ago and only recently returned to profitability, owns about 970 superstores in the U.S. Boise Cascade's small office-supply unit operates primarily in Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV