PDI Is Optimistic on Outlook
Biopharmaceutical marketing company PDI (PDII) said Wednesday that it expects full-year earnings to top analysts' predictions.
The company expects to earn 75 cents to 80 cents a share, up from its previous estimate of 48 cents to 53 cents a share. The estimate excludes settlement expenses from earlier in the year. The company cited new business awarded to its contract sales unit and expectations of a solid performance from its hypertension drug Lotensin.
Analysts currently expect earnings of 47 cents a share. The company lost 62 cents a share in 2002.
The company also announced that GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) awarded it a contract that could mean $80 million to $85 million in revenue in the period from July 2003 through September 2004. The total revenue impact is about $30 million in 2003, the company said.PDI will release second-quarter results on Aug. 5 after the market closes. Analysts expect the company to earn a penny a share. Shares of Upper Saddle River, N.J.-based PDI closed at $10.93 Wednesday on the Nasdaq.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV