20 Stocks for the Second Half
According to the work done on Dow Jones sector indices by the estimable Carl Swenlin of DecisionPoint.com, leading groups at the moment are tobacco, Internet commerce, airlines, home construction, wireless communication, transportation equipment and home furnishings; weak groups are trucking, railroads, chemicals, industrial transportation and paper products.According to my own work, top sectors include Internet information providers, long-distance carriers, generic drugmakers, national brokerages, regional banks and data-storage device makers; worst groups are hospitals, manufactured housing, auto parts, chemicals and textile makers. Before going on to consider some volatile stocks to buy or sell in this climate, it's important to decide whether these bullet points represent views that are widely held, since the consensus view is a winner in the short term but ultimately is a loser. As Michael Steinhardt pointed out in his 2001 book,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV