USA Interactive Takes a New Name
USA Interactive (USAI) is fine-tuning its name, and will soon be called InterActiveCorp, in a bid to reflect what the company described as its "emergence as a pure interactive commerce operating company."
The name change is effective June 23. The company will also get a new stock symbol, IACI, and will continue to trade on the Nasdaq.
Barry Diller, the chairman and CEO of the company explained the move in a statement, "We began as Silver King (a television broadcaster) and over these last eight years, as we built the company up, we changed the corporate name several times to reflect our leading business interests," he said.
"We kept the USA name when we contributed our entertainment assets to a joint venture with Vivendi (V) in 2002 knowing that it had limited descriptive value but at least would keep confusion to a minimum during the transition as well as being reluctant to make a name up out of some anagrammatic or other creative process."Shares of what is for now USA Interactive were down 51 cents to $38.25 in late-day trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV