Clorox Names New CEO
Clorox (CLX) named Gerald Johnston, the company's president and chief operating officer, to succeed Craig Sullivan as its chief executive officer.
Johnston, 55, will join the company's board on July 1. Sullivan will continue to serve as chairman until his retirement at the end of the year.
Johnston joined Clorox in 1981 and has served as president and chief operating officer since 1999, responsible for U.S. and international operating divisions, and the company's sales, marketing, product supply, and research and development functions.
"In accordance with corporate governance best practices, in addition to considering Jerry, the board conducted a comprehensive external search," Sullivan said in a statement. "That process confirmed the board's belief that Jerry is the right person to lead the company forward."Clorox shares on the New York Stock Exchange rose 1.9%, or 81 cents, to $43.10 in Thursday afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV