Clorox Names New CEO
Clorox (CLX) named Gerald Johnston, the company's president and chief operating officer, to succeed Craig Sullivan as its chief executive officer.
Johnston, 55, will join the company's board on July 1. Sullivan will continue to serve as chairman until his retirement at the end of the year.
Johnston joined Clorox in 1981 and has served as president and chief operating officer since 1999, responsible for U.S. and international operating divisions, and the company's sales, marketing, product supply, and research and development functions.
"In accordance with corporate governance best practices, in addition to considering Jerry, the board conducted a comprehensive external search," Sullivan said in a statement. "That process confirmed the board's belief that Jerry is the right person to lead the company forward."Clorox shares on the New York Stock Exchange rose 1.9%, or 81 cents, to $43.10 in Thursday afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV