iPayment IPO Finally Prices
"It's just astonishing to me that a firm could allow an analyst to participate in a roadshow -- and the fact that the prohibition on such conduct isn't literally in effect yet doesn't make me any less disappointed," SEC enforcement chief Stephen Cutler was quoted as saying in the Journal.
Earlier this week, another technology IPO, DigitalNet, was withdrawn because of market uncertainty. DigitalNet is a government IT contractor, and several reports said the deal was pulled after institutions became skittish about customer retention issues and its lack of profitability.
No initial offering of stock had been sold to the U.S. public in two months. About 20 deals are said to be registered and waiting for the go-ahead from underwriters.
iPayment raised $80 million in its offering.Unlike DigitalNet, whose most recent pro forma financial statement showed a decline in revenue, iPayment's April 23 report showed the company had net income of $900,000 on revenue of $46.7 million, compared with a loss of $700,000 on revenue of $16.5 million last year. Most of the revenue increase was a result of recent acquisitions, however.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV