AOL, Cendant Get Named in Homestore Suit
The companies were named in a suit filed by the California State Teachers' Retirement System against Homestore, an online real-estate firm, according to media reports Sunday. The retirement fund had lost around $9 million on Homestore shares.
The fund had filed a suit in August alleging that Homestore inflated revenue through various complicated and questionable transactions. The fund filed its amended lawsuit late Friday in a U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, reports said.
According to the complaint, the defendants created complex "round-trip" transactions, with money flowing from Homestore to the companies and then back to Homestore, reports said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV