TheraSense Shares Dive 39%
Shares of TheraSense (THER) were down sharply after the company said its third-quarter earnings and sales would be lower than expected.
Shares were down $3.36, or 39%, at $5.17 in midday trading.
The company said sales are expected to be $39 million, lower than previously forecast. The company also said it expects a net loss of 24 cents a share. Analysts were expecting the company would lose a penny a share.
TheraSense said customers are ordering its FreeStyle system kits and test strips at a faster rate than some of its wholesalers and retailers are buying them. The company also said its costs for coupon and promotional activities have risen in a "competitive" market.Alameda, Calif.-based TheraSense develops glucose-monitoring systems for people with diabetes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV