Yes recruitment rate down to 6,000 a month
The recruitment rate of Yes has dropped to 6,000 a month, while the banks debate the fate of Israel's only satellite TV broadcaster's refinancing requests, TheMarker has learned.
The company's recruitment had previously dipped in March, to 12,000 subscribers a month, down 33% from its pace of enrollment in January and February. In those months the company signed up 18,000 subscribers a month, net after deducting people who deserted for the cable TV companies.
From April to July, the recruitment rate hovered at ten to 12 thousand a month.
Meanwhile, the cable TV companies report that the pace of desertion to Yes has diminished.Industry sources note that some households are electing to desert both and settle for receiving only channels 1 and 2, which are both state-run and available using a simple antenna. Yes chief executive Shlomo Liran said today that the recruitment rate complies with the company's new business plan, dating from July. The company has changed focus from increasing its market share, at the expense of Israel's cable TV trio, to improving its profitability. Liran reiterated that Yes foresees reaching 380,000 to 400,000 subscribers by year-end, climbing to a range of 440,000 to 475,000 by the end of 2003. Meanwhile, Yes's bankers are expected to smile upon its financing plan, say sources in the banking industry. Its bankers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV