Cadence to invest in Israeli startups
Cadence Design Systems, the world's premier supplier of solutions for the automatic planning of electronic and integrated circuits, is looking at investments in Israeli technology.
The company's senior VP, Lavi Lev, who also heads the company's IC solutions department, will be visiting Israel next week to locate opportunities. Lev, a graduate of the Technion University of Haifa, is expected to meet with representatives of venture capital funds and startups, as well as with the company's customers in Israel.
Cadence Israel's chief executive, Gideon Kedem, commented that the company has developed an integrated model of selling software solutions and complementary services for chip development, with investment in privately-held firms.
Israel's startup community has special needs, Kedem added. Cadence can offer to swap them solutions in exchange for shares.The company is in advanced talks with one Israeli technology company, Kedem said, which could mature into a deal by the end of this quarter. Cadence, which competes with Israel's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV