Cadence to invest in Israeli startups
Cadence Design Systems, the world's premier supplier of solutions for the automatic planning of electronic and integrated circuits, is looking at investments in Israeli technology.
The company's senior VP, Lavi Lev, who also heads the company's IC solutions department, will be visiting Israel next week to locate opportunities. Lev, a graduate of the Technion University of Haifa, is expected to meet with representatives of venture capital funds and startups, as well as with the company's customers in Israel.
Cadence Israel's chief executive, Gideon Kedem, commented that the company has developed an integrated model of selling software solutions and complementary services for chip development, with investment in privately-held firms.
Israel's startup community has special needs, Kedem added. Cadence can offer to swap them solutions in exchange for shares.The company is in advanced talks with one Israeli technology company, Kedem said, which could mature into a deal by the end of this quarter. Cadence, which competes with Israel's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV