Leader & Co sees Discount shifting to profit in Q3
The Tel Aviv-based investment house sees the bank's results improving its share price, which has lost 20% in the last month.
For the first half of 2002, the bank reported losing NIS 124 million, mostly in the second quarter.
Its losses were caused by a 20% drop in financing income, the index gap between the known and estimated consumer price index, losses on bond holdings, and soaring provision for doubtful debt.Analyst Yuval Ben-Zeev sees the returning calm in the bond market in the third quarter substantially reducing the bank's losses on bond investments. The index gap should reverse direction in the third quarter, lifting the bank's results. Provision for doubtful debt should also drop in the quarter versus the previous ones, Leader & Co says, t about 0.8% of the total credit portfolio. Discount's doubtful debt allowance climbed to NIS 217 million in the second quarter, bringing the first half total to NIS 463 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV