Fleming Will Sell 110 Retail Stores
Fleming (FLM) said it plans to sell 110 retail grocery operations, and issued new earnings guidance for the third and fourth quarter of 2002 and full year of 2003.
The Dallas-based company said it expects to lose around 5 cents a share or post flat earnings for the third quarter, compared with earnings of 47 cents a share in the year-ago period. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization are expected to be between $65 million and $70 million for the period. Fleming plans to counter third-quarter sales shortfalls with cost cuts, which it expects to total $40 million.
In the fourth quarter, Fleming expects to earn between 35 cents and 45 cents a share, compared with 64 cents a year ago. EBITDA is expected to be between $95 million and $105 million.
In 2003, the company expects to earn between $1.95 and $2.05 a share.Fleming said it expects to get $450 million from the sale of the retail operations, and will use the money to reduce debt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV