Ness paying $16m for Czech company APP Group
Tel Aviv-based software giant Ness Technologies is acquiring an 180-man Czech software house, APP Group.
Ness, a privately-held company, is using 5% of its equity, worth about $16 million, to buy 100% of the Prague-based firm's shares. After the deal, APP's name will be changed to Ness Czechia.
APP develops technologies based on SAP's ERP and CRM systems, as well as on Microsoft and BEA products. Its shareholders include Warburg Pincus (70%), which also holds 20% of Ness's shares, and private investors.
Ness' strategy is to expand in international markets, mainly in the United States and Europe, through acquisitions. Its international arms include Ness Benelux in Holland, Ness SA in Switzerland and Ness U.K., in England.In November 2001 Ness bought the assets of Blueflame, the U.S. subsidiary of Aztec, and changed its name to Ness U.S.A. Ness commented that it will be completing the acquisition of a Czech company within days, and will make the announcement when the deal is formally completed, within a few weeks. The Ness software empire, the biggest in Israel, employs about 2,000 programmers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV