The Night Watch: Oracle Pulls Back on Weak Forecast
Updated from 5:47 p.m. EDT
Software giant Oracle (ORCL) posted a solid fourth quarter, and investors initially cheered the numbers and sent the company's shares higher after the close. Then came the outlook.
The company, whose shares rose more than 10% following the release of its quarterly results, warned that the first quarter will likely be below expectations. Lately shares of Oracle were up only 1.7% to $9.36.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV