The Night Watch: Chattem Lower on Secondary
WorldCom (WCOM) was the most actively traded issue in the Instinet late session Monday, although the company ? which saw its debt further lowered into the realm of junk earlier ? was treading water after falling 9% in regular trading.
Shares of the long-distance company were unchanged at $1.45 each after S&P lowered by two notches its long-term corporate credit rating.
Elsewhere, Vasomedical (VASO) gave back 16 cents to $2.68 after almost doubling in the regular session on expanded FDA approval for its chest pain therapy. The company's shares rose 82% to close at $2.84 at 4 p.m. EDT on the FDA's decision, which could expand the number of patients eligible for the treatment by up to 20%.Other stocks falling in the late session included Tuesday Morning (TUES), down 13.4% to $18.52; Chattem (CHTT), down 7.6% to $33.15 after announcing a secondary offering; and Tellium (TELM), which gave back 5 cents to $1.16 after rising 10 cents to $1.21 in the regular session. On the upside, Dynegy (DYN) was gaining 25 cents to $8.80; ValueVision Media (VVTV) was up 50 cents to $19.20 after affirming sales goals; and Neoforma (NEOF) was gaining 23 cents to $12.23 after saying several companies had agreed to use its e-commerce product.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV