The Night Watch: Flextronics Drops on Profit Warning
Investors were picking at beaten-down tech stocks in the extra session Monday, but a couple of contract manufacturers were under pressure.
Volume was on the light side following a selloff in regular trading. In the first 90 minutes of the extended session, about 2.2 million shares changed hands among the 20 most active stocks on the Instinet platform.
Among the stocks with news, Flextronics (FLEX) was dropping 11% to $11.01 after the company said it will likely miss analysts' estimates for the fiscal first and second quarters. Rival Sanmina-SCI (SANM) was suffering from the outlook, losing 5.3% to $10.16.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV