The Night Watch: Alloy Gains Ground, West Marine Dives
After-hours traders again had little news to focus on Wednesday, and as a result, widely held industrial and technology shares were occupying most of the spots on the Instinet volume leader board.
One exception was Farmer Mac (AGM). The stock was the most active issue, but it was unchanged from the 4 p.m. EDT close at $25.60. During regular trading, Farmer Mac lost almost 15%. Last week, the company asked the New York Stock Exchange to investigate trading in its stock, which Farmer Mac believes has been under siege of late by short-sellers.
Overall, volume was on the light side. In the first hour of extra trading, about 1.5 million shares changed hands among the 20 most active stocks on the Instinet platform.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV