The Night Watch: Alloy Gains Ground, West Marine Dives
After-hours traders again had little news to focus on Wednesday, and as a result, widely held industrial and technology shares were occupying most of the spots on the Instinet volume leader board.
One exception was Farmer Mac (AGM). The stock was the most active issue, but it was unchanged from the 4 p.m. EDT close at $25.60. During regular trading, Farmer Mac lost almost 15%. Last week, the company asked the New York Stock Exchange to investigate trading in its stock, which Farmer Mac believes has been under siege of late by short-sellers.
Overall, volume was on the light side. In the first hour of extra trading, about 1.5 million shares changed hands among the 20 most active stocks on the Instinet platform.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV