JMAR Technologies Gets $10 Million Chip-Equipment Pact
JMAR Technologies (JMAR) said on Wednesday that its JSAL division has received a contract valued up to $10 million from the Naval Air Warfare Center in Maryland.
The company, which develops and markets proximity X-ray lithography systems, will produce next-generation lithography masks for use in advanced semiconductors. The contract, funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, is a two-year effort to develop millimeter wave integrated circuits for use in government radar, communication, and space-borne applications.
The JSAL division will contract IBM Microelectronics to produce the masks, building on the advancements in X-ray mask manufacturing technology made by IBM in recent years.
In a press release, JMAR said, "This is clearly a major step forward in our effort to deliver proximity X-ray lithography to the semiconductor industry. The masks provided by IBM under this program will play a critical role in enabling our PXL systems to demonstrate their ability to produce high-performance chips, at lower costs, well before other alternatives become available."Shares of JMAR were climbing about 5% on the news to $2.41 after closing at $2.30 Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV