The Night Watch: Novellus, Williams Cos. Head Lower
The traders who showed up weren't making many big moves in the extra session Tuesday, as a general lack of news kept buyers and sellers on the sidelines.
The Nasdaq 100 Unit Trust (QQQ) was the most active issue on Instinet after the bell, where it lost 0.6% to $30.92. Overall, volume was on the light side. More than an hour into extra trading, around 1.8 million shares changed hands among the 20 most active stocks on Instinet.
Chip-equipment maker Novellus (NVLS) was off 2.4% to $45.54 as the company offered essentially lukewarm comments during its midquarter update. Semiconductor gearmaker Applied Materials (AMAT) was down 1.9%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV