Stocks to Watch: Perry Ellis Pops, EGL Tumbles
WinnersEnergy trader Dynegy (DYN) was rising 11% to $9.58 a day after the company said its board named a "lead director" as part of the overall effort to regain credibility with investors. J. Otis Winters, who will hold the newly created position, has served on Dynegy's board since 1993. Winters is the retired co-founder and chairman of PWS Group, a Dallas-based consulting and crisis management firm. NS Group (NSS), a supplier of tubular products to the energy industry, was climbing 10% to $8.87 after Raymond James upgraded the company to strong buy from market perform.
LosersDycom (DY) revised its third-quarter financial guidance up slightly, but the company said it had been notified by a major customer to suspend work on all of that customer's pending projects. The company, which provides engineering, construction and maintenance services to telecom providers, saw its shares slide 7% to $13.08. EGL (EAGL) was sinking 10% to $16.48 after Morgan Stanley downgraded the transportation and supply chain management company to underweight from equal-weight. Epix Medical (EPIX), a developer of specialty pharmaceuticals for magnetic resonance imaging, was falling 9% to $10.45 after the company posted a first-quarter loss of 28 cents a share. The company lost 36 cents in the year-ago period. Revenue totaled $2.1 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV