The Night Watch: WorldCom Plunges on Revenue Warning
Traders didn't have a lot to get excited about after the close Friday, until WorldCom (WCOM) upset the rather quiet mood with a revenue warning.
Following the close of
As usual on a Friday, little corporate news was being released. Volume was moderate, with around 2.9 million shares changing hands among the top-20 volume movers 75 minutes into the late session.
Credit card issuer Metris (MXT) was ticking up 0.1% to $13.13, and a handful of other non-tech companies were making their way onto the volume leader board. Tyco International (TYC) was active, but unchanged at $29.89.Sun Micro (SUNW) was slipping 0.3% to $9.12, and the Nasdaq 100 Unit Trust (QQQ) was down 0.2% to $34.40. Microsoft (MSFT) was ticking up 0.1%, while Cisco (CSCO) was slightly lower, and Intel (INTC) was unchanged.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV