Update: Thomson Sells Remainder of U.S. Newspapers
Updated from 11:58 a.m. EDT
Canadian publishing concern Thomson has reached a deal to sell the last of its U.S. newspaper holdings, announcing Friday that it has agreed to unload two Ohio daily papers and 10 non-dailies to closely held Cox Newspapers for an undisclosed amount.
With the announcement earlier this week of the sale of its Connecticut newspaper operations to MediaNews Group, Thomson has agreed to sell all of its U.S. newspaper operations, consisting of 49 dailies and their ancillary operations, for $2.44 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV