Goldsteins to pocket NIS 90 million from Iscal-Formula deal
Iscal Holdings' acquisition of a stake in
Iscal said that in return for the $25 million already transferred to the Goldsteins, Iscal will receive 3.5% Formula shares and 2% Formula Vision shares, today worth just NIS 21 million. In other words, the Goldsteins are selling Iscal shares worth NIS 21 million for NIS 110 million.
Iscal's commitment to issue $43 million in bonds to the Goldsteins for 10.7% in Formula, and 5.8% in Formula Vision, was cancelled.
Dan Goldstein offered the following explanation for Iscal's agreement to pay so far above market for its Formula stake. Although Iscal paid more for the shares, the Goldsteins freed Iscal of a $43 million commitment. He added that Iscal can now acquire Formula shares on the market for 65% less than their value when the original agreement was signed.Goldstein estimates that Iscal will acquire Formula shares through a purchase offer. When Iscal reaches 22.5% in Formula, the parties will be able to sign a joint-control agreement. He said that from Iscal's perspective, the deal was apparently the right thing. The new agreement allows Iscal to attain the same stake through averaging prices, Goldstein added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV